22 September 2023
- Plan and implement systems that perform the work and fulfill the mission and the goals of the department and company efficiently and effectively.
- Plan and allocate resources to staff and accomplish the work to meet departmental and company productivity and quality goals.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance efficiency and comply with the laws and regulations.
- Review performance data that includes financial, sales, and activity reports and to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
- Supervise the preparation the work manual complies with the quality policy such as Work Manual (WM), Work Instruction (WI), Procedures.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Communicate regularly with other managers, the directors, vice president, CEO, and other designated contacts within the organization.
Ship Insurance and claim management
- Analyze necessity and worthiness of ship insurance regard of market situation, customer groups, demand for services including consistency of the business plan and company policy
- Plan and participate in the annual budget for insurance expenses / ship insurance policy renewal considering the appropriateness in the overall budget, needs and policies of the company
- Negotiate the insurance premiums to be most appropriate and worthwhile.
- Monitor and inspect all insurance contracts.
- Control and check the annual premium payment in accordance with the contracts, rules, and regulations.
- Control and check the ship repair expenses from the ship management company (NMC, NSSG, TIM) based on the actual amount that the reserve company paid to the insurance company.
- Manage the receipt of notifications and coordinate events between various departments related, such as the Marine Department (TMD) or insurance agents in the event of damage to the ship, the property of the ship’s personnel or the goods, and the supervisor’s report.
- Control and check insurance claims.
Human Resources Management
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization’s and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead employees to meet the organization’s expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, trainings, vacations and paid time off, telecommuting, cover for absentees, and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
If you are interested in this position, please contact us.Tel. 02-398-7885-6 Ext 307Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Maritime, Ship Engineering, Actuary or related
- Experiences: A minimum of 10 years experiences in maritime, tanker, oil & gas or logistics business and a minimum of 7 years of responsible leadership experiences in management or supervisory positions.