Ship Management Services
Nature of Products and Service Provision
The Group Company provides services of ship management to oil tankers, FSU vessels, FSO vessel, AWB vessels and crew boats so that vessels shall be operated correctly according to the related rules and regulations and in accordance with conditions in the service contracts agreed upon with its customers.
Nature of Service Provision
The Group Company provides services of ship management including technical management, crew management, and work safety management for crews, and care of goods and ships with respect towards environmental awareness.
Service Provision of Technical Management
The Group Company, in the capacity of ship manager, shall supervise vessels to have specifications in accordance with rules and regulations of domestic agencies and international maritime organizations, with main operations, as follows:
- The Group Company shall assign crews of the Engine Room Section or the Engineering Section to supervise the maintenance and repair of ships, general condition of ships and machines and equipment in ships.
- The Group Company shall supervise the docking of vessels.
- The Group Company shall supervise the safe cargo operation.
- The Group Company shall supervise the ship inspections and surveys to be ready for operation at ports of hire.
- The Group Company shall handle important documents of vessels of important agencies such as Marine Department, Customs Department and NBTC Office.
- The Group Company shall supervise vessel operation for safety to crews, vessels, assets and environment as per the International Safety Management System.
The Group Company shall manage and supervise crews to have qualifications in accordance with rules and regulations of the Marine Department and/or the Standard of Training, Certification and Watch Keeping for Seafarers, STCW/Maritime Labour Law Convention (MLC), with main operations, as follows:
- The Group Company shall select personnel with proper qualifications to the job titles, vessel capacity and navigation areas; whereas, documents and certificates of crews shall be provided as prescribed by the Marine Department.
- The Group Company shall supervise crews for safe operation and strict compliance with policies on use of drugs and drinking of alcohol.
- The Group Company shall manage salaries and other remunerations and welfare for crews as per the regulations prescribed by the Company, and shall implement necessary training for crew.
- The Group Company shall develop crews with sufficient knowledge and abilities for efficient and effective operation of work.
- The Group Company shall evaluate the annual performances of duties of crewmembers.
Companies in the Group which have operated business of ship management include 1) Nathalin Management Co., Ltd. (“NMC”); 2) Nathalin Shipping Pte., Ltd. (“NSSG”), and 3) T.I.M. Ship Management Co., Ltd. (“TIM”), as per the following details:
|Nathalin Management Co., Ltd. (“NMC”)||provides its service of domestic ship management covering small carriers (with the capacity of 3,000-5,000 DWT) and crew boats. As of 31st December 2016, NMC provides services mostly to companies in the Group.|
|Nathalin Shipping Pte Ltd. (“NSSG”)||was established in Singapore for operation of transportation, ship management and storage of crude oil and petroleum products to foreign customers. As of 31st December 2016, NSSG provides services to all FSU vessels.|
|T.I.M.Ship Management Co., Ltd. (“TIM”)||operates its business of domestic and overseas ship management covering small and large vessels, including crew boats. As of 31st December 2016, TIM has provides services to oil tankers and FSO vessels.|